We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Read our disclosure policy.
If you are planning your first trip abroad, you will want to be prepared long before you leave. Part of the planning means purchasing things like luggage & packing gear. In order to pack like a pro, you are going to want to make sure that you will have things that will help you pack efficiently.
One thing seasoned travellers know is that packing efficiently can save you money. Airlines will charge you a fee once your baggage goes over a certain weight. The lighter you pack from the start, the better off you will be. Why is packing light from the start important? Well, most likely you will want to buy souvenirs on your trip. If you are already at the weight max in the beginning of your trip, you’ll have no choice but to pay that extra weight fee (due to the souvenirs you’ve packed) on your return trip home!
In addition to saving you money with eliminating weight fees, packing like a pro also entails making sure you pack smart so that your items don’t get damaged. If you think those baggage fees are extreme, wait until you have to replace items due to them being broken from mishandling or ruined due to a spill.
While you will definitely want to have a sturdy suitcase to take on your trip, there are a few other things you should consider purchasing that will help you not only save space, but keep your precious items safe!
Here are 10 Items to Help You Pack Like a Pro
- Packing Cubes will help you pack the most items in the least amount of space. It will also make it easier for you to find what you are looking for. Look for a set that contains several different sized cubes as well as one for dirty laundry.
- Compression Packs are great when you have to pack bulky items like coats and jackets.
- Luggage Tags are essential in the event that your luggage gets lost. It is the only chance you have to get it back.
- Luggage Belt is a great way to make sure your luggage stays secure and makes it easier to find on the luggage belt.
- Shower Caps are great for protecting your clothes from touching the bottoms of your shoes.
- Laptop Sleeve is important in keeping your laptop (or any other electronic device) safe.
- Hanging Toiletry Bag is a good choice in that it keeps the toiletries separate from your clothes and you’ll be able to hang it once in your room.
- Leak proof travel bottles for toiletries will save you a lot of headaches. There is no sense in carrying more shampoo then you will use. And don’t get me started on the mess a leaking bottle can bring.
- Jewelry Bag is another must for the ladies. If you want to make sure your jewelry is easy to find and not at the bottom of your luggage, get this organization tool.
- Small containers to hold things like pills, earbuds, and other small objects. There are so many uses for these containers that I could go on for days.
Trust me when I say that travelling is an investment. You are best served to buy all the things you need in advance than to realize you need them once you are at your destination. You will never hear anyone say that they were sorry that they packed efficiently!
Do you have any tips to help others pack like a pro?